I saw a number of prediction posts for the upcoming year as I was surfing the web today, and I figured I’d write my own. So without further ado, here are ten predictions for this year:
- Donald Trump will still be president at the end of 2018 (confidence level: 8/10)
- The cryptocurrency space will attract more investment, leading to inflated prices. However, a number of weaker performers will fail in Q3 and Q4 (confidence level: 6/10)
- The US will not enter a war with North Korea within the next year (confidence level: 9.5/10)
- Georgetown will be more selective than ever, and its overall and undergrad business rankings will go up (confidence level: 9/10)
- We’ll see a large public backlash to the first significant CRISPR trials that get mass media attention (confidence level: 7/10)
- Amazon will officially make a play in the healthcare space (confidence level: 8.5/10)
- Google’s Waymo self-driving cars will scale to “mainstream” use (i.e. availability outside the Bay Area) this year (confidence level: 5/10).
- Disney’s streaming service will include original content from their Marvel and Star Wars properties, drawing a significant crowd from other players like Netflix (confidence level: 5/10)
- Obamacare / the ACA will not be repealed (confidence level: 8/10).
- Income inequality will get worse, and the angry demographics in the US and abroad will feel more threatened and get even angrier. (confidence level: 10/10).
So those are my ten predictions for the year. Let me know whether you agree or disagree in the comments.
And last but not least, Happy New Year!